August 13, 2013

{ review } Bring Me Home {Shattered Hearts #3} by Cassia Leo


Synopsis

The breath-taking conclusion to the New York Times and USA Today bestselling series is expected to be released August 6, 2013.


"Sometimes letting someone go is the ultimate act of love."


Claire Nixon is a college student with a past full of secrets and heartbreak. She was saved once by her first love, and rock star, Chris Knight. But when she encouraged Chris to leave town to pursue his dreams, both Claire and Chris didn’t realize it would be the biggest mistake of their lives.

After a devastating year apart and thousands of miles of distance between them, Claire met sexy surfer Adam Parker. With his awful jokes and profound patience, he helped Claire pick up the shattered pieces of her broken heart for the second time.

But now Chris has returned and he is willing and determined to make Claire’s dreams come true—the same way she did for him when she let him go.

With Adam’s former girlfriend in the picture, Claire finds herself torn between the new, passionate love she shares with Adam and the love and family she shares with Chris.

Review


I read the book a couple days before the release date. I’ve never been so anxious to read a book before, BMH had such a huge anticipation and there was a lot of build up 'til it was finally released. After what happened in the previous book, you can bet how eager I was to see who Claire would finally choose, Chris or Adam.

I am/was Team Adam right from the beginning of the series and was completely against her being with Chris. Going along the lines of personal experiences, there were so many reasons why I chose to be Team Adam. I’ve always been the person to learn and move on from the past, it’s always about moving forward. And that’s what I saw for Claire with Adam. I saw Chris as a step backwards (goodness, people are going hate me because I said that).

Now, when I started this book, I had a huge hunch of who she was going to choose. I was being observant in the group pages on facebook and the teasers that were shared. And that’s when I began to prepare myself for the unexpected, and that’s EXACTLY what Cassia gave us … the unexpected, all the way to the end. And it’s seen pretty early on what Clare’s decision was. It was one of those moments, where you hope it wasn’t true, but then it turns out to be exactly that, well for some of us at least.

This book sent me on a ridiculous emotional roller coaster, I’ve never been so emotionally attuned with a book before. My heart was racing so fast that I literally had to take breaks after every chapter. I was eager to know who she picked. Once I did find out who she picked, I sat at that moment and really took in everything. Whether it was who I wanted her to be with or not, ultimately it was what’s best for her. And it will always be what's best for Claire. After she chose, it was the road to fix what was broken in her life and she had suffered so much.

  • Giving up her baby being one of them and I’m very happy with the outcome of that (Cassia, you wrote that perfectly).  And I can’t even begin to tell the state that chapter left me in, but it was so well done. I don’t know any other way Cassia could have done that. Prepare to bawl your eyes out everyone.


  • Choosing between two different types of love. There’s Adam, someone that would bring her a new beginning and he would help put all of her past behind her. And there’s Chris, someone who has been there from the beginning, an old and everlasting love. Definitely the guy that would help her overcome her past burdens since he has been there, he was her rock throughout her life.


There were so many stages that she had to get through to begin the process of healing, but it does happen. And it’s not just one person that helps her heal, everyone had a little piece in that process.

The conclusion in this series is one of the best I’ve read in a while. And I couldn’t have asked her to do it any differently. The epilogues helped me be at peace with every character, especially Claire, Adam, and Chris. My heart did break quite a bit during this book, but in the end, I was so happy with all of them, even some characters that I didn’t like at all. And we weren’t left with any unanswered questions, thank goodness!

Love is a powerful thing and it can be really be a true source of healing. Fear is inevitable, but we can’t let it run our lives. It’s power over us can do unimaginable things, but remember, it all can be overcome. I think everyone will be thoroughly pleased with the ending, if not, well that’s unfortunate for you.

This book has opened my eyes and has set a tone for other books I read. In most books, it’s pretty easy to predict the outcome and this series has taught me that things won’t always happen the way you want them to. We're all guilty of setting ourselves up for failure with many books we have read. So, read on and expect the unexpected.


I 100% recommend this book and series!

5 STARS